Senior Developer Advocate
Apify's mission is to make the web more programmable. Why? Because we believe that humans have better things to do than fill in internet forms, compile Excel sheets of copy-pasted data, or watch thousands of videos to determine whether they include a specific brand logo. Those are jobs for a machine. And just as we have tools that make our lives easier in the real world, we should also have tools to make our lives easier on the web.
Web automation can be anything. We robotize unsubscribe flows to save people money and we collect billions of rows of data from all over the world for science, market research or finding lost children. Fortune 500 companies and small startups alike need this power to make great business decisions.
To support our mission, we're looking for talented and experienced developer advocates to help us nurture the community building the next generation of the web, where machines talk to machines, and humans do creative work that drives progress.
What will you be working on?
- You will be a steward for developers using Apify, making sure they are first-class citizens of our platform and our tooling
- You will lead Apify’s Developer Portal and drive improvements to the Academy and Paid actors program
- You will expand and improve our documentation and tutorials
- Organize and distribute developer-related news over our channels like Discord, Change-log, Youtube, Blog, and email newsletters
- Organize events like webinars and hackathons to boost involvement in our robust developer community
- Help us create a developer incubator that will help us find the most talented and motivated people to contribute to our Freelancers and Paid actors platforms
- Share developer feedback to foster improvements by getting involved with engineering, delivery, and marketing teams
- Represent Apify at online and offline developer-oriented events (nice to have)
Who are we looking for? You should have:
- A desire to advocate for a remarkable developer experience
- Experience building and engaging communities
- Track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects
- Ability to deliver high-quality technical content that engages developers
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
Why should you work for Apify?
- Space, support, and autonomy for personal growth, with a direct impact on our success
- Full-time position in Prague at our amazing office located in Lucerna Palace, Prague, Czech Republic 🏰
- Option to work remotely 🛋️
- Flexible working hours (perfect for both night owls 🦉 and early birds 🐥)
- Zero bullshit policy – No Jira, no Okta, no Confluence, no Certified™ScrumMasters®, no quarterly estimates. Just GitHub, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and shipping stuff to production
- Nobody counts holidays as long as the work gets done 💪
- Stock options and profit sharing 💰
- We welcome pets, kids, and bikes at the office 🐕👨👧🚲
- Epic team buildings and offsites 🚢 with biking, canoeing, and other adventures 🪂
- Solid education and training budget, conference tickets, internal “Eat & Learn” sessions, and the possibility to work across teams 👩🏼💻👨🏽💻
- Generous hardware budget 💻
- Free lunches every day 🌮🍱🍜🍕🥡
- Unlimited supply of ☕ & 🍺 and snacks
- Free entry to the wonderful Prague Zoo 🐘
- Ping-pong, chess, PS5, lightsabers, foosball league after lunch, free Multisport card, and so on