Engineering Manager (Delivery)
Join us on our journey in building a web scraping and automation platform to help the world’s biggest companies and upcoming startups leverage the web's full potential. Each month, we save people tons of hours of manual work by turning more than a billion web pages into data and automating over 15 million tasks on the web
We are looking for experienced engineering managers that will help us to scale our rapidly expanding organization and grow with us on our journey to make the web more programmable.
You will work alongside our Head of Delivery Václav Růt , Head of Actor Development Lukáš Křivka , Head of Delivery engineering (the master of Apify SDK) Martin Adámek , and a talented team of senior and junior engineers to help improve our delivery excellence.
Your mission at Apify:
- Together with other engineering managers, you'll work on defining and implementing processes to support our growing organization
- You will play a key role in prioritizing and allocating tasks for both the tooling and custom solutions teams.
- Lead and inspire the teams of engineers in their day-to-day work excellence, personal development, as well as scrum ceremonies, and career growth.
- Together with the tech leads and project managers, you will ensure that all objectives are clearly defined, and communicated to the team, and the team is well equipped to handle those objectives.
- Become the magnet for new team members, scale our teams, and lead them to success
Our tech stack:
- Languages: Node.js/TypeScript, a little bit of Python
- Environment: Apify Platform, Docker, local OS for testing
- Libraries: apify-js, proxy-chain, browser-pool, apify-cli and many smaller tools
- For examples of actors that we create, see Apify Store (there are links to source code)
- Productivity: GitHub, ZenHub, Notion, GSuite
- Process: two-week sprints, code reviews, pair programming, showcases
You'll be a perfect match ➕ if you have:
- You are a senior developer
- Past experience leading successful teams
- Passion for learning, continuous improvement, and supporting others
- Skills in giving feedback and communicating goals
- Good communication skills in English
Why would you like to work for Apify?
- Nobody counts vacation. People usually take 25 days a year
- Opportunity to grow (a lot) and be part of a small, dynamic team that will grow
- You will see the results and impact of your work very quickly
- We thrive on new ideas from team members
- Friendly, inspiring, and no-bullshit work environment
- Free lunches, unlimited supply of , and snacks
- Multisport card
- Generous HW budget
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely