Python Developer Advocate
Apify's mission is to make the web more programmable. Why? Because we believe that humans have better things to do than fill information into internet forms, compile Excel sheets of copy-pasted data or watch thousands of videos to determine whether they include a specific brand logo. Those are jobs for a machine. And just as in the real world we have tools that make our lives easier, we should have tools to make our lives easier on the web.
Web automation can be anything. We robotize unsubscribe flows to save people money and we collect billions of rows of data from all over the world for science, market research or finding lost children. Fortune 500 companies and small startups alike need this power to make great business decisions.
To support our mission, we're looking for talented and experienced engineers to help us build the next generation of the web, where machines talk to machines and humans do creative work that drives progress. Will you join us ?
Why does Apify need a Python Developer Advocate?
By investing more into open-source Python tooling, we want to encourage Python developers to build projects on top of the Apify platform both for their own use and to publish them on Apify Store so that they can earn passive income.
What you will work on?
- You will build a minimal open-source SDK on top of the Apify platform that also works locally (JS SDK example)
- You will build several open-source example actors on Apify Store to demonstrate various use cases such as web scraping, automation, data processing, or artificial intelligence
- You will write tutorials to onboard new Python developers
- You will be active in our Discord channel and generally help new Python devs
- Once we hire more Python developers, you can start working on more complex Python tooling
- Nurture the developer community and optionally represent Apify on hackathons, conferences, etc.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a senior Python developer
- You have built (or contributed to) and maintained fairly complex Python projects (ideally open-source)
- You like to experiment and learn new things
- You enjoy communicating with developers and are patient with newcomers
- You are able to work independently and make important design decisions (our senior devs will help you)
- You have experience with Docker and Linux
- You're able to write and speak English well
What we offer?
- Full-time job in Prague, Czech Republic or remotely as long as you actively participate in the team and we see each other regularly online
- No open spaces – proper solid offices directly in the Lucerna Palace
- Zero bullshit policy – No Jira, no Okta, no Confluence, no Certified™ScrumMasters®, no quarterly estimates. Just GitHub, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and shipping stuff to production
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely and nobody counts holidays, as long as the work gets done
- Epic trips (biking, canoeing, snowkiting in Norway and similar ordinary stuff )
- Above-market compensation, stock options, puppies in office
- Multisport card
- Generous HW budget
- Free lunches, unlimited supply of and (and slivovica), ping pong, foosball league, and so on