Senior Node.js Engineer
Apify's mission is to make the web more programmable. Why? Because we believe that humans have better things to do than fill information into internet forms, compile Excel sheets of copy-pasted data or watch thousands of videos to determine whether they include a specific brand logo. Those are jobs for a machine. And just as in the real world we have tools that make our lives easier, we should have tools to make our lives easier on the web.
Web automation can be anything. We robotize unsubscribe flows to save people money and we collect billions of rows of data from all over the world for science, market research or finding lost children. Fortune 500 companies and small startups alike need this power to make great business decisions.
To support our mission, we're looking for talented and experienced engineers to help us build the next generation of the web, where machines talk to machines and humans do creative work that drives progress.
Join our talented Delivery team to help us progress to the next level. You will work alongside our Head of Delivery Václav Růt, Head of Actor Development Lukáš Křivka, Head of Delivery engineering Martin Adámek (the master of Apify SDK), Senior Web Automation Developers Petr Pátek (the browser magician), and Gabin Desserprit, and other senior and junior engineers to build the next generation software tools.
What you will be working on?
- You will be designing and improving our code tooling including:
- You will be a tech lead for interesting and complex scraping or automation projects for large enterprise companies:
- You will design the core systems
- And work with our engineering manager and the rest of your team on effective implementation
- You will contribute to increasing our team’s technical expertise and be a beacon of knowledge for more junior engineers
- Optionally, you can write technical blog posts and represent Apify at conferences
Who are we looking for?
- You have solid experience with API design
- You know how information travels around the web
- You are able to speak and write in English very well
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing their skills and knowledge with colleagues and you have experience with code reviews, documentation writing, and mentoring more junior engineers
- Besides the above, it's a big plus if you are familiar with the following (in order of importance):
- Headless browsers, Puppeteer, Playwright
- Web scraping in general, proxy servers, captcha, fingerprinting
- Browser internals, DevTools, DevTools Protocol
- CI/CD (GitHub Actions)
- Owning a university degree in software engineering or computer science is also a plus, but not a requirement
What we offer?
- Full-time job in Prague, Czech Republic or remotely as long as you actively participate in the team and we see each other regularly
- Offices directly in the Lucerna Palace
- Zero bullshit policy – No Jira, no Okta, no Confluence, no Certified™ScrumMasters®, no quarterly estimates. Just GitHub, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and shipping stuff to production<
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely and nobody counts holidays, as long as the work gets done
- Epic trips (biking, canoeing, snowkiting in Norway and similar ordinary stuff )
- Above-market compensation, stock options, puppies in office
- Multisport card
- Generous HW budget
- Free lunches, unlimited supply of and (and slivovica), ping pong, foosball league, and so on