Junior or Mid-level Node.js Engineer
Apify's mission is to make the web more programmable. Why? Because we believe that humans have better things to do than fill information into internet forms, compile Excel sheets of copy-pasted data, or watch thousands of videos to determine whether they include a specific brand logo. Those are jobs for a machine. And just as in the real world we have tools that make our lives easier, we should have tools to make our lives easier on the web.
Web automation can be anything. We robotize unsubscribe flows to save people money and we collect billions of rows of data from all over the world for science, market research, or finding lost children. Fortune 500 companies and small startups alike need this power to make great business decisions.
To support our mission, we're looking for talented and experienced engineers to help us build the next generation of the web, where machines talk to machines and humans do creative work that drives progress. Will you join us ?
Please be aware that we are currently looking only for full-time candidates living in the Czech Republic!
Who are we looking for?
- You are an avid learner and looking to grow your expertise in the web scraping domain and in general
- You have a problem-solving mindset
- You're able to write and speak English well
- You have empathy and patience to understand customers and their needs
- At minimum 1 year of programming experience (school and self-learning counts)
- Currently, we are only looking for a full-time commitment
- You live in the Czech Republic and are able to come to our Prague office at least once a month
- Even better if you:
- Have contributed to a non-trivial user-facing product
- Have experience fine-tuning products for UX/DX
- Like to write and share experience - tutorials, technical support, tooling, etc.
What you will learn with us?
- How websites work behind the curtain
- How to write beautiful code that reads like a novel
- How to write efficient cloud programs that process hundreds of millions of pages monthly
- How to contribute to collaborative open and closed source projects and design great APIs that other devs will love to use
- And potentially, how to build your own team and start your own projects inside the company
Our tech stack:
- Development: Node.js (with Typescript), Chrome Dev Tools, Crawlee, Apify SDK, Puppeteer, Playwright, JQuery/Cheerio + many other specialized libraries. We also released Python SDK lately and are acquiring expertise in Python scraping tools.
- Environment: Local IDE for development & testing. Then deploy to the Apify Platform via GitHub for production
- Tools: GitHub, ZenHub, Notion, GSuite, GitHub Copilot license
- Process: in-depth onboarding, code reviews, tests, automating whatever we can, using common sense over strict processes
Why should you work for Apify?
- Full-time position in Prague at our amazing office located in Lucerna Palace, Prague, Czech Republic 🏰
- Option to work remotely 🛋️
- Flexible working hours (perfect for both night owls 🦉 and early birds 🐥)
- Zero bullshit policy – No Jira, no Okta, no Confluence, no Certified™ScrumMasters®, no quarterly estimates. Just GitHub, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and shipping stuff to production
- Nobody counts holidays as long as the work gets done 💪
- Stock options and profit sharing 💰
- We welcome pets, kids, and bikes at the office 🐕👨👧🚲
- Epic team buildings and offsites 🚢 with biking, canoeing, and other adventures 🪂
- Solid education and training budget, conference tickets, internal “Eat & Learn” sessions, and the possibility to work across teams 👩🏼💻👨🏽💻
- Generous hardware budget 💻
- Free lunches every day 🌮🍱🍜🍕🥡
- Unlimited supply of ☕ & 🍺 and snacks
- Free entry to the wonderful Prague Zoo 🐘
- Ping-pong, chess, PS5, lightsabers, foosball league after lunch, free Multisport card, and so on
Discover more on https://apify.com/jobs